All About Distance Learning Coordinators
Distance Learning Coordinator Definition Coordinate day-to-day operations of distance learning programs and schedule courses.
List of Distance Learning Coordinator Job Duties
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with distance learning equipment or applications.
- Assess distance-learning technological or educational needs and goals.
- Train instructors and distance learning staff in the use or support of distance learning applications, such as course management software.
- Select, direct, and monitor the work of vendors that provide products or services for distance learning programs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of distance learning programs in promoting knowledge or skill acquisition.
- Negotiate with academic units or instructors and vendors to ensure cost-effective and high-quality distance learning programs, services, or courses.
Distance Learning Coordinator Needed Skills
When polled, Distance Learning Coordinators say the following skills are most frequently used in their jobs:
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Other Distance Learning Coordinator Job Titles
- Distance Learning Coordinator
- Distance Learning Unit Leader
- E-Learning Coordinator
- Learning Administrator
- Student Outreach Coordinator
Distance Learning Coordinator Job Outlook
In the United States, there were 38,400 jobs for Distance Learning Coordinator in 2016. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 10.7% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 4,100 new jobs for Distance Learning Coordinator by 2026. The BLS estimates 3,400 yearly job openings in this field.
The states with the most job growth for Distance Learning Coordinator are Utah, Nevada, and New York. Watch out if you plan on working in Vermont, South Dakota, or Rhode Island. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Distance Learning Coordinator Salary
The typical yearly salary for Distance Learning Coordinators is somewhere between $44,130 and $141,000.
Distance Learning Coordinators who work in District of Columbia, Virginia, or Maryland, make the highest salaries.
How much do Distance Learning Coordinators make in different U.S. states?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$105,730|
What Tools do Distance Learning Coordinators Use?
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Distance Learning Coordinators:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Access
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Publisher
- Extensible markup language XML
- Oracle PeopleSoft
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Systems Adobe Flash
- SAP Crystal Reports
How to Become a Distance Learning Coordinator
Learn what Distance Learning Coordinator education requirements there are.
How many years of work experience do I need?
Where Distance Learning Coordinators Work
Below are examples of industries where Distance Learning Coordinators work:
Image Credit: Shai-WMIL via Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|