Montessori Teacher Education
Types of Degrees Montessori Teacher Education Majors Are Getting
The following table lists how many Montessori teacher education graduations there were in 2018-2019 for each degree level.
|Education Level||Number of Grads|
What Montessori Teacher Education Majors Need to Know
In an O*NET survey, Montessori teacher education majors were asked to rate what knowledge areas, skills, and abilities were important in their occupations. These answers were weighted on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the most important.
Knowledge Areas for Montessori Teacher Education Majors
According to O*NET survey takers, a major in Montessori teacher education should prepare you for careers in which you will need to be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Psychology - Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
Skills for Montessori Teacher Education Majors
A major in Montessori teacher education prepares you for careers in which the following skill-sets are crucial:
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Learning Strategies - Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Abilities for Montessori Teacher Education Majors
As a Montessori teacher education major, you will find yourself needing the following abilities:
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
What Can You Do With a Montessori Teacher Education Major?
People with a Montessori teacher education degree often go into the following careers:
|Job Title||Job Growth Rate||Median Salary|
Who Is Getting a Bachelor’s Degree in Montessori Teacher Education?
At the countrywide level, the racial-ethnic distribution of Montessori teacher education majors is as follows:
|Race/Ethnicity||Number of Grads|
|Black or African American||0|
|Hispanic or Latino||0|
Amount of Education Required for Careers Related to Montessori Teacher Education
Some degrees associated with Montessori teacher education may require an advanced degree, while others may not even require a bachelor’s in the field. Whatever the case may be, pursuing more education usually means that more career options will be available to you.
How much schooling do you really need to compete in today’s job market? People currently working in careers related to Montessori teacher education have obtained the following education levels.
|Education Level||Percentage of Workers|
|Some College Courses||27.7%|
|Associate’s Degree (or other 2-year degree)||4.0%|
|Post-Baccalaureate Certificate - awarded for completion of an organized program of study; designed for people who have completed a Baccalaureate degree but do not meet the requirements of academic degrees carrying the title of Master.||4.0%|
Online Montessori Teacher Education Programs
In 2018-2019, 15 schools offered a Montessori teacher education program of some type. The following table lists the number of programs by degree level, along with how many schools offered online courses in the field.
|Degree Level||Colleges Offering Programs||Colleges Offering Online Classes|
|Certificate (Less Than 1 Year)||1||0|
|Certificate (1-2 years)||1||0|
|Certificate (2-4 Years)||0||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Research)||0||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Professional Practice)||0||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Other)||0||0|
Explore Major by State
District of Columbia
Majors Related to Montessori Teacher Education
You may also be interested in one of the following majors related to Montessori teacher education.
|Major||Number of Grads|
|Early Childhood Education||31,056|
|Teacher Development & Methodology||5,446|
|Junior High/Intermediate/Middle School Education & Teaching||3,330|
|Kindergarten/Preschool Education & Teaching||2,085|
|Adult & Continuing Education||1,222|
*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.
- College Factual
- College Scorecard
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Usual Weekly Earnings of Wage and Salary Workers First Quarter 2020
- Image Credit: By Vgrigas under License
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|