Other Educational Administration
Types of Degrees Other Educational Administration Majors Are Getting
The following table lists how many other educational administration and supervision graduations there were in 2018-2019 for each degree level.
|Education Level||Number of Grads|
What Other Educational Administration Majors Need to Know
People with careers related to other educational administration were asked what knowledge areas, skills, and abilities were important for their jobs. They weighted these areas on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the highest.
Knowledge Areas for Other Educational Administration Majors
Other Educational Administration majors often go into careers in which the following knowledge areas are important:
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
Skills for Other Educational Administration Majors
The following list of skills has been highlighted as some of the most essential for careers related to other educational administration:
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Abilities for Other Educational Administration Majors
Some of the most crucial abilities to master while a other educational administration student include the following:
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
What Can You Do With a Other Educational Administration Major?
People with a other educational administration degree often go into the following careers:
|Job Title||Job Growth Rate||Median Salary|
|Distance Learning Coordinators||10.7%||$82,850|
|Fitness and Wellness Coordinators||10.7%||$82,850|
Who Is Getting a Bachelor’s Degree in Other Educational Administration?
At the countrywide level, the racial-ethnic distribution of other educational administration majors is as follows:
|Race/Ethnicity||Number of Grads|
|Black or African American||1|
|Hispanic or Latino||0|
How Much Do Other Educational Administration Majors Make?
Salaries According to BLS
Other Educational Administration majors often go into careers with median salaries of $89,570. This median refers to all degree levels, so you may expect those with a more advanced degree to make more while those with less advanced degrees will typically make less.
To put that into context, according to BLS data from the first quarter of 2020, the typical high school graduate makes between $30,000 and $57,900 a year (25th through 75th percentile). The average person with a bachelor’s degree (any field) makes between $45,600 and $99,000. Advanced degree holders make the most with salaries between $55,600 and $125,400.
Amount of Education Required for Careers Related to Other Educational Administration
Some careers associated with other educational administration require an advanced degree while some may not even require a bachelor’s. Whatever the case may be, pursuing more education usually means that more career options will be available to you.
How much schooling do you really need to compete in today’s job market? People currently working in careers related to other educational administration have obtained the following education levels.
|Education Level||Percentage of Workers|
|Post-Baccalaureate Certificate - awarded for completion of an organized program of study; designed for people who have completed a Baccalaureate degree but do not meet the requirements of academic degrees carrying the title of Master.||2.2%|
Online Other Educational Administration Programs
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 124 schools offered some type of other educational administration and supervision program. The following table lists the number of programs by degree level, along with how many schools offered online courses in the field.
|Degree Level||Colleges Offering Programs||Colleges Offering Online Classes|
|Certificate (Less Than 1 Year)||1||0|
|Certificate (1-2 years)||2||0|
|Certificate (2-4 Years)||0||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Research)||26||7|
|Doctor’s Degree (Professional Practice)||2||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Other)||0||0|
Is a Degree in Other Educational Administration Worth It?
The median salary for a other educational administration grad is $89,570 per year. This is based on the weighted average of the most common careers associated with the major.
This is 124% more than the average salary for an individual holding a high school degree. This adds up to a gain of about $993,400 after 20 years!
Explore Major by State
Majors Related to Other Educational Administration
You may also be interested in one of the following majors related to other educational administration.
*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.
- College Factual
- College Scorecard
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Usual Weekly Earnings of Wage and Salary Workers First Quarter 2020
- Image Credit: By Shai-WMIL under License
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|